Terms of Service and Use Agreement
1. General. Welcome to LightofLaw.com (the “Website”) owned by GetLawyer, Inc. (“Light of Law”). This Website is maintained as a service to our customers. Light of Law agrees to provide you with information and services subject to this Terms of Service and Use Agreement (“Terms of Service” or “Agreement”). Upon notice published on our Website, Light of Law may amend or modify these Terms of Service at any time. If you continue to browse and use this Website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Service, which govern Light of Law’s relationship with you in relation to this Website. If you disagree with any part of these Terms of Service, please do not use this Website.
Unless you are otherwise represented by an attorney, you are representing yourself in any legal matter you UndertAke through our website. light of law does not recommend or endorse any attorney nor does it make any warranty as to the qualifications or competency of any attorney.
3. Interactions with Attorneys. When you use the Website, you will have the opportunity to initiate contact with certain attorneys that are not employees or agents of Light of Law (“Participating Attorney”). Participating Attorneys are third-party independent contractors that have agreed to provide legal services to Light of Law users on a case-by-case basis only if requested by such users. You are solely responsible for assessing the quality, integrity and expertise of all persons with whom you communicate regarding your legal needs, including the Participating Attorneys.
If you choose to communicate with a Participating Attorney through the Website, please note the following:
a. Any attorney-client relationship formed between you and a Participating Attorney is strictly between you and the Participating Attorney and expressly excludes Light of Law. Your relationship with a Participating Attorney will be on whatever terms you establish with the Participating Attorney. Those terms DO NOT involve Light of Law and we do not control or influence them.
c. Participating Attorneys may be compensated by Light of Law for services performed on your behalf. However, Light of Law does not receive any share of legal fees collected by any Participating Attorney. Light of Law will not in any way interfere with any Participating Attorney’s professional judgment or expertise. Participating Attorneys reserve the right to refuse to perform legal services on your behalf in their sole discretion.
4. Refund Policy. We want you to be 100% satisfied with Light of Law’s services. However, we cannot guarantee the results or outcome of your particular process. Light of Law also does not guarantee the results or outcome of the services rendered by any Participating Attorney that you retain. Problems related to any outcome are beyond our control. Any payments made directly by you to any Participating Attorney are not eligible for a refund through Light of Law. Subject to these provisions, requests for refund for products and services provided by Light of Law that are received within 30 days from the time of purchase will be evaluated and processed in our sole discretion. If you are less than satisfied or believe that there has been a billing error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Warranty Disclaimer. to the fullest extent permitted by law, light of law and its affiliates, officers, employees, directors and agentS Make no warranties, either express or implied, about the services offered on the Website. The services are provided on an “as is” basis. LIGHT OF LAW also disclaimS any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
6. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall Light of Law or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use this website. Your use of this WEBsite signifies your release of Light of Law from any damage or injury that you incur, and you agree not to assert any claims against Light of Law arising from your use of these serviceS. in short, your use of our services is at your own risk.
7. Dispute Resolution. Any dispute between Light of Law and you arising under, out of, in connection with or in relation to this Agreement must be submitted to binding arbitration under the authority of the Federal Arbitration Act and must be arbitrated in accordance with the then-current rules and procedures and under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration must take place in Atlanta, Georgia, or at such other place as may be mutually agreeable to the parties. The decision of the arbitrators will be final and binding on all parties to the dispute.
8. Intended Audience. The Website is intended for adults only. The Website is not intended for any children under the age of 13 and any use by children under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited. Light of Law will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any information in our database that we know originates from a child under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child that provided us with personal information, please contact us email@example.com.
9. Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Website. You further agree that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge. Light of Law reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to provide our services in our sole discretion that are objectionable or in violation of these Terms of Service.
10. Links to Third Party Sites. Light of Law may provide links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither Light of Law nor its affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on these third party sites. The materials on this Website and the third party sites are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Light of Law disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Light of Law does not warrant that the functions contained on this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Light of Law does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this Website or in third party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
11. Opting-out From Receiving Communications From By creating an account with Light of Law, you agree and consent to receiving communications from Light of Law. If you no longer wish to receive any promotional or other communications from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each email communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Light of Law and our partners, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of these Terms of Service.
13. Ownership. All content included on this Website is and shall continue to be the property of Light of Law or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Website is prohibited. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this Website. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Website only as we intend it to be used. Additionally, when you transmit information on Light of Law, you grant Light of Law a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt and create documents from any such content. Resale or unauthorized distribution of materials downloaded from the Website is strictly prohibited. When using the Website, you agree not to copy, reverse engineer, otherwise attempt to discover the source code, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, software, products or services obtained through the Website. Any rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by Light of Law.
14. Termination. Light of Law reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to our services, for any reason and at any time without prior notice. For example, we may terminate your use of our services if you are not complying with this Agreement or if you are using the services in a manner that would expose us to legal liability. This Agreement is effective until terminated by Light of Law at any time without notice. The disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this Agreement shall survive termination.
15. Waiver. The failure of Light of Law to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of this Agreement by Light of Law must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Light of Law.
16. Governing Law. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Georgia without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law.
17. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
18. Entire Agreement; Amendments. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Light of Law and you with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written or oral. Light of Law may amend or modify these Terms of Service or impose new conditions at any time.
19. Changes in Terms of Service. Any changes in these Terms of Service will be posted to the Website and will become effective as of the date of posting. It is and will be your responsibility to review our Terms of Service from time to time to make sure you are aware of any changes. The date of this version of our Terms of Service is September 22, 2015.